Effective Date: Febuary 04, 2020
We understand that confidentiality is important to our website and to users of Doc.It products and services. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how we collect, receive, use, store, share, transfer, and process your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Contents by Section:
A. What Doc.It Collects
a. Personal information you the user provide to Doc.It
b. Other information collected by Doc.It
c. Service use
d. Categories of Personal Information
B. How Doc.It Collects Information
a. Data collected by cookies
b. Embedded URLs
c. Embedded pixels and similar technologies
C. How Doc.It Uses Your Data
a. Tailor marketing to your needs
b. Respond to your requests
c. Provide support
e. Customer Community
f. Interact with you on third-party social networks
g. Post testimonials
i. Career services
k. Service providers
D. Your Choices and Obligation
a. Access/updating personal information
d. Retention and deletion
e. Cross-border data transfers
f. Service providers
Section E. Third Party Sites and Privacy
Section F. Technical Support and Privacy
Section G. Additional Privacy Topics
Section A. What Data Doc.It Collects
Doc.It purposefully limits the data we collect for processing for the following activities:
Personal and Other Information Doc.It Collects
Through your interaction with and use of the Doc.It website and associated digital channels, and Doc.It products and services, Doc.It will collect certain personal information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
To request information from Doc.It regarding products and services, register for an Doc.It-hosted event, or subscribe to Doc.It communication, you need to provided data including your name, email address, phone number, company name, job title, and business location. We may also collect your profession, street address, and postal code whenever you apply to one of our careers.
Providing this information is option, however, this may impede your ability to complete certain actions.
Doc.It may also collect other information through your interaction with and use of the site. Other information may include, but is not limited to:
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on your computer, mobile or other device.
- Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) and information derived from your IP address such as your geographic location.
- Information about your devices such as information contained in HTTP headers or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings and information about or from the presence or use of “apps” on your mobile devices, screen resolution, and your preferred language
- Behavioral data about your usage of the Doc.It website and associated digital channels, such as web pages clicked, websites and content areas visited, date and time of activities and products
- The web search you used to locate and navigate to the Doc.It website and associated digital channels.
We obtain information about you from third parties and public sources in order to in order to provide you with marketing and sales information. The information collected from third parties may include the following types of information, but does not exceed: First and Last Name, Title, Company, Email Address, Work Email Address (including street address, state, country and zip code of home office), Firm Size and Market Vertical.
Doc.It collects certain information, including, but not limited to, name, email address, and password from people who use our products. Information is collected when a user first signs up with any Doc.It product offering or first uses a Doc.It mobile application. Doc.It may use the information collected from you in order to provide information to you via email regarding Doc.It’s products and services or the products and services of Doc.It’s partners. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may opt out by following the procedure described in “Updating Personal Information and Opting Out” below. In addition, emails we distribute containing information we think may be of interest to you also contain instructions as to how you can opt-out of future emails. Please note, “you may continue to receive service-related correspondence from us when utilizing our services and products.”
Doc.It may collect information under the direction of its Clients and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes. This information is processed per the terms of the agreements in place between Doc.It and such Clients.
For mobile applications, we may also collect your location based information to deliver location-based services. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
Categories of Personal Information
In the past 12 months Doc.It has collected the following categories of personal information:
- Name and Role: Username, Job title, Job level, Signature
- Contact Information:Street Address, Postal Code, Telephone Number, Email address, IP address
- Physical and Electronic Tracking: Persistent online identifiers [e.g., cookies]
- Customer Relationship Management: Product Utilization Ranking
Section B. How Doc.It Collects Data
Data Collected by Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technologies
Doc.It may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLS to allow use on the Doc.It website and other digital channels without cookies. Embedded URLS allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the electronic channels but are not associated with personal information and are not used beyond the visiting session.
Embedded Pixels and Similar Technologies
On the Doc.It website and other digital channels, Doc.It may use embedded pixel technologies for the purpose of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits). In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s email address.
Social Media Share Buttons and Widgets: The Doc.It website includes social media features, such as Facebook “Like” button and Twitter re-tweets, as well as share buttons. These features collect the user’s IP address, the pages visited on the site or service, and set cookies to enable the features to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Website. Interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notices of the social media companies that provide them.
Section C. How Doc.It Uses Your Data
Doc.It uses the dates we have about users to provide and personalize, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, so that it can be more relevant and useful to users.
Doc.It uses the Personal Information it collects to:
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs: Doc.It may use your personal and other information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, and to advertise Doc.It’s products and services in accordance with this policy. Your website visit, marketing experience, and communications may be tailored to your interests based on your personal information.
- Respond to Your Requests: Doc.It will also use personal information in order to respond directly to your information requests including website inquiry forms, emails, and phone calls.
- Exposure: Many Doc.It users gain valuable professional and commercial exposure by being included in lists on the Doc.It website that identify individuals who have recognized credentials or skills. Doc.It makes this information available publicly to users of its website as a service to the individual. If you are eligible to be included in such a list but do not wish your personal information to be included, please contact Doc.It at the location identified under the heading Updating Personal Information and “Opting Out” above, or in the alternative, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post Testimonials: We post testimonials on the Doc.It website and other digital channels that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial,we will obtain your consent to use your name, company name, job title and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Career Services: We process your personal data when you apply and provide your personal information on our career website. We may perform employment related background checks.
Doc.It does not share your information with any third-party business partners, other than service providers (as described below).
We may transfer such information to, and maintain and process such information, directly or indirectly in one or more databases in the United States, Canada, or the European Union.
We may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf that may involve the storage and use of your personal information; such as for delivering mailings or emails. Any such company or third party is required to maintain the confidentiality of that information and is prohibited from using that information for any purpose other than as authorized by Doc.It.
Unless we inform you otherwise at the point at which we collect your information, we will not provide your personal information directly to a third party not otherwise described herein. If you do not wish to receive information about additional Doc.It products or services or those of its partners and other companies, please let us (contact information below) and we will respect your wishes. Emails we distribute describing offers we think may be of interest to you also contain instructions as to how you can opt-out of future emails or you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section D. Your Choices and Obligations
Access/Updating Personal Information
Doc.It provides many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data we hold. Upon request, you have the right to:
- Ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data in certain cases. Note that any personal data contained within our software used by a customer will not be erased or deleted without instruction from that customer.
- Change or correct data: You can ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data in certain cases (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form. Doc.It will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. We will provide the necessary information within 45 days of the request. To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com
- Non-Discrimination: Doc.It will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer
- Threaten you with any of the above
Doc.It wants to ensure that the information it collects is accurate. You may notify us of any change to your address, phone number, email address or other information by sending us an email message or by notifying us in writing.
7900 International Drive, Suite 300
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55425
Attn: Information Security
Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and provide you an explanation.
Opting Out/Unsubscribe from Marketing Preferences
If at any time you wish to “opt out” of receiving information from Doc.It or its partners, please notify us by sending us an email or written message to the addresses shown above or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable time frame. Please note that due to lead times on certain mailings and other contacts, you may continue to receive mailings and other contacts while your “opt out” notification is being processed.
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to protect the security of all information and, where possible, conform to industry best practices. For example, some information gathered on our website is encrypted during transmission with TLS encryption and stored within secure databases protected by multiple firewalls. As effective as current encryption and other security technology is, however, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information which users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Retention and Deletion
We may retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Doc.It is a global corporation with operations in multiple countries and has developed global data security practices designed to ensure that your personal information is appropriately protected. Please note that personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored in in jurisdictions other than where you live including in the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Singapore or Australia as necessary for the uses and disclosures stated above in accordance with this policy.
Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. For instance, if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) data subject and your personal information is shared with our affiliates, partners, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf outside of the EEA, then it is done so pursuant to necessary means to ensure an adequate level of protection.
Section E. Third Party Sites and Privacy
Section F. Technical Support and Privacy
Information Collected about Technical Support and the Use of that Information
Generally, Doc.It’s technical support group can obtain customer contact information via the serial number and registration data it maintains in its customer database. Doc.It may use this contact information to respond to support inquiries and/or to request additional information from the customer.Occasionally Doc.It must obtain files and/or model information to assist it in diagnosing a customer’s technical support issues. Any information provided will be treated as confidential and will only be used strictly for the purpose of resolving the open issues in question.
Doc.It may also elect to share an unidentifiable subset of file information provided by a customer with a licensor of technology that is included in the Doc.It product if Doc.It considers that appropriate to assist it in diagnosing or resolving a customer problem. Doc.It may also request permission from a customer to retain copies of specific customer files in the data set that it uses to conduct regression tests and other tests of later releases of the Doc.It software.
Doc.It Remote Desktop Access to Servers
In accordance with Doc.It’s terms and conditions, customers may be asked to provide Microsoft Remote Desktop Access to servers running Doc.It software. The Remote Desktop Web Connection is a high-encryption, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 5.0 client and uses RSA Security’s RC4 cipher with a key strength of 40-, 56-, or 128-bit, as determined by the computer to which it is connecting. The Remote Desktop Web Connection uses the well-known RDP TCP port (3389) to communicate to the host.Most customers configure their Remote Desktop access so that only connections from Doc.It’s IP address are allowed.
Doc.It Remote Diagnosis
For those customers with difficult-to-diagnose issues, Doc.It uses commercially available online meeting software such as GoToMeeting or WebEx that enables Doc.It to view a customer’s computer remotely via the internet in real-time. This functionality is used only when authorized by the customer and while the customer is at the computer. The functionality enhances the customer’s ability to explain and “show” the problem being experienced. Doc.It technical support personnel initiate an online meeting with a customer, enabling such personnel to either view or take control of the customer’s system. The customer retains full control of his or her system throughout the session. If at any time during this session the customer wishes to terminate the remote connection, the customer may do so and the Doc.It technical support personnel will no longer be able to view or access the customer’s system. Doc.It treats all information it receives during a remote support session as confidential and proprietary customer information received for technical support purposes (see Information Collected in Connection with Technical Support and the Use of that Information above).
Section G. Additional Privacy Topics
Changes to this Policy
Telephone: (888) 693-6248 or (905) 547-1100, ask for Webmaster.
Doc.It Global Headquarters
1425 Cormorant Drive, Suite 201
Ancaster ON L9G 4V5
This information is provided with the intent of helping website visitors understand Doc.It’s practices with respect to the privacy of visitors personal and business information.
If you file a privacy-related complaint, we process your name, email, and country location. We will also request that you provide the details that gave rise to your complaint. Any additional personal information you choose to provide in the complaint form is optional.
The Doc.It Team
(Latest Revision as of January 2020)